WORLD SIGHT DAY CHALLENGE 2017
Registrations for this year's World Sight Day Challenge open on August 1, 2017.
Please check back then to see how YOU and your TEAM can GET INVOLVED, locally and globally.
Frequently Asked Questions
World Sight Day (WSD) is an annual day of awareness to focus global attention on blindness and vision impairment. It is coordinated by the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness under the VISION 2020 Global Initiative. It is supported by eye health organizations around the world – including Optometry Giving Sight – and is included on the official World Health Organization (WHO) calendar. This year’s WSD is on October 12th.
1. Optometry Practices can:
- Pledge to donate a day of eye exam fees in October and
- Pledge to donate an amount from every frame sold or eye exam given in October
- Invite patients to donate and/or hold fun fundraising events in the office
2. Optical Companies can:
- Hold a staff-led fundraising event and
- Invite staff/customers to donate throughout October
3. Students can:
- Hold a fundraising event
- The World Sight Day Challenge will feature fresh green apple colored people power wristbands as an easy way for patients, employees and students to make a donation and participate in fundraising activities.
- A link to buy t-shirts for your fundraising group
- A press release and newsletter story so that you can tell your local media and networks about your efforts and how they can help
- Images and copy to use on your social media pages to promote your fundraising
- You will also be contacted by your local Optometry Giving Sight office about materials such as posters and stickers, and with other great tips to help you out.
This year we are raising fund to help support Our Children's Vision, an initiative to help children who are living without access to they eye care and the glasses they need.
Please register today and we will contact you further about materials and information available to help you get fundraising!
Thanks for your support!